View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #8
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have been in contact with Melindaleo.com and obtained permission but the mobileread site has requested I withdraw them from the site based on their interpretation of the legality of fanfic.
Well... Feedbooks could act like Feedburner somehow. We wouldn't exactly host the content, the content would stay on fanfiction.net etc... and we would simply transform into the right file format. I guess the legality issues are a lot easier to deal with, in this case.

Quote:
Most of the fan fic sites have authors with different skills and may not be all that technical. In general the html I have found at the sites need some cleaning up for example.
We're already using Tidy for this. Not much of a problem.

Quote:
I do think this is an untapped resource of great ebooks. The biggest concern that Melinda had is with regard to the slippery slope of legality. There can be no hint of commercial interest in the fan fic books to avoid legal issues with using characters from commercial books. I do have a book in a couple of formats on my home site and have more that I have not posted.

Dale
I think it's one of the most promising resource and community for e-books. There's millions of people reading fanfic every day. Reading on e-paper devices would transform the experience of reading fanfic into something much closer to reading a real book.
No hint of commercial interest at all might be a bit hard: I can clearly see many ads on fanfiction.net.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote