View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #460
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Firedancer885 - the standard checklist I would go through:

What format are you counting pages for? Are your books ePub or not?
If not, then the plugin is having to do a conversion for every book. Chances are your laptop CPU is overheating, crank down the processing allocated to calibre in Preferences, there's loads of comments on how to do this around the forums.

You can also break it down into smaller batches in the preferences for this plugin.

And of course the very obvious - don't select your whole library.

There will be *nothing* that is in my plugin code that it can do to help. It calls standard calibre code to do conversions. It uses the same mechanisms calibre does. As I have said already on this page, if you want the best performance, then use it against books which are ePubs, and convert to ePub beforehand if you intend to keep them.

Other than that nothing else I can suggest.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote