View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #148
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
When it comes to charge cycles, yes. When it comes to "ageing", not one bit .
OK, so the 5 year old computer will need a new battery soon probably, due to age not cycles, though the indication currently is health:normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Apple also recommend you don't just use a macbook on mains alone though.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html
That is disturbing, I didn't know. In my case of plugged into power most of the time, Apple recommends scheduling a calendar reminder to drain battery intentionally once a month. Edit: (Which I haven't ever done.)

Last edited by unboggling; 07-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote