View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
nah - to do audio books properly you'd want different metadata - like bit rate / momo/stereo ( both those to indicate recording quality), read by ( = performed by)

all that stuff ALREADY EXISTS in itunes/ windows media player, along with support for cover art, full playback controls....

just put a column in calibre to say " I have this also as an audio book" & use a MEDIA library for the MEDIA - duh!

otherwise you'll next be wanting a calibre "player", support for m4b bookmarks.... mp3/aac/m4a/m4b conversions

then its onto can we include radio play adaptions...

followed by hey I have the movie of the book can I put that in calibre also ?

& I want calibre to convert my .mkv movie into .wmv. & stream it to my xbox

you already have a universal format library and playback manager - it's called WINDOWS
Most of that stuff can exist in any MP3 file via ID3 tags.

How often do you select an MP3 BY its bit rate or # of channels .
That is nice to know stuff like Publisher, publication date ( I don't think I have ever chosen a book to read by Publisher or published date, in my 60 years of reading. I have gone looking for earlier editions. )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote