Thread: Start Location
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Start Location

I'm flummoxed. I've tried several different types of html tags, but I can't manage to set the "Start Reading Location" in any of the ebooks I'm working on.

I'm dropping clean text into Notepad++ and working with HTML to set up headings, paragraphs, etc--all very basic stuff because I'm not very advanced at this. I've got my ebooks to the point where I can upload them to Calibre as HTML (ZIP) files, and the conversion to MOBI works great--table of contents, cover page, everything is working as it should. Except for the "start" location.

I've searched now for a few hours, and none of the recommended HTML tags are working. Anyone here have any experience with one that works/ideas on what I can do differently?

(I even tried creating the ebook in Word and inserting bookmarks and saving as filtered HTML, as Amazon recommends, but that didn't work either.)

My end goal is just to produce some of my own nicely formatted ebooks to replace several classics we got rid of in a move. I'm OCD, but then, who isn't?
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote