View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
jemc
Quietly Lurking...
jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, iDevices, others
I've had mine for two days. For something that for me has the potential in becoming a 'drawer toy', I like it.

Not sure if I have a primary use in mind for it but I do find it useful. On command music & radio is an obvious plus. I didn't realize how much free stuff (that I like) is on Amazon. Also pairing it to my various iDevices has allowed me access to several years of purchased favorites all available for the asking (thanks Alexa!). Did I mention how much I like the voice command?

Also there are the little things I find useful - on demand weather info for wherever, basic cooking math and a hands free timer! I'm still exploring its linguistic limits - posing questions in a way that doesn't generate a Bing search in my Echo app is still a bit frustrating. It also upon occasion generates hilarious results. A couple of sessions of voice training has been helpful in Alexa understanding my particular way of pronouncing English.

All in all I'm quite happy with it and look forward to where the device's functions are taken by Amazon.

tubemonkey: great music choices! I haven't listened to The Planets since I sold my LP collection a few years back. Now in one of my playlists!
jemc is offline   Reply With Quote