View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #9
shotsky
Enthusiast
shotsky began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Yes, I understood you the first time. All I was trying to say was that if the conversion process, which minimises and simplifies all the css, decides that only one of "RM-recipe-method" and "intit" are needed then all attributes in the html for the 'superfluous' class name would be renamed to the 'retained' class name ... but conversion is complicated and there's probably a lot more to it than that.
I don't think you did understand the first time. There IS no intit attribute in the original - it is an invented attribute by Calibre, that REPLACES all instances of "RM-recipe-method". There are other attributes that it does not rename, it appears to be random, or based on some algorithm that is not evident, but it would seem to me that an attribute that already exists in a book would not need to be renamed, since it always has the same meaning and style throughout the book.
This is similar to an attribute named 'copyright', which Calibre would leave alone, since it is a 'recognized' part of a book. In my case, it is not a recognized part of a book, but it IS a clue to what follows - a direction step in a cookbook. However, in the same book, there is an attribute "INGREDIENT" that shows up in many places, but which is untouched. I don't think that is a recognized part of a book.
Note that this is not MY html in the first place - it is whatever is in the ebook to be converted, and the quality varies greatly, but this is not a quality issue, it is a mystery why Calibre should change attribute names that are perfectly valid in the first place.
shotsky is offline   Reply With Quote