View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:34 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
The only difference I have noticed in using calibre portable and "normal" calibre is that calibre portable insists to have a "Calibre Library" folder in its install folder. Even when you delete it, because you have your library in another place, calibre portable will it just recreate it and will use it on startup as its default library. I never did understand why.
The PortableApps.com version does not do this.

EDIT: Realized upon reading the later posts you meant a library outside of the Portable installation, not a renamed library within calibrePortable. Just clarifying that I didn't mean to imply Kovid's version isn't as good. (I have made that mistake before and was happy to be corrected with new information.)

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-27-2014 at 02:34 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote