View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
SVG in stylesheet?

Part of the background to this post is that I'm starting to explore how to use SVG images. Another part is that I dabbled with website design in the olden days, and always made sure that the HTML files validated to W3C standards.

I've experimented with a Coverpage.html file adapted from a file which I understand is used by Sigil. But when I checked it with the W3C markup validation service it indicated 11 errors: there is no attribute xmlns, height, preserveAspectRatio, version, viewbox, width, xlmns:xlink, svg, width, xlink:href, and image for this element in this HTML version.

I tried using the xhtml 1.0 transitional doctype, but it made no difference.

It is easy to put height, width, and image attributes in the stylesheet, but I couldn't manage the others. Is there any way to put them in the stylesheet? or to make the file validate in some other way?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote