View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #198
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svea View Post
Micah, as a librarian and future ipad owner (hey, Christmas is coming..), I just want to say that you and your team are the complete and utter bomb! I am probably unreasonably excited about you guys making Apple products compatible with library ebooks, but hooray! I used your instructions from http://www.bluefirereader.com/help/libraryBooks.html to transfer a book to my iphone and success!!! I was able to open it and read it easy peasy. So now ereader purchasing library patrons have the option of Ipads as well as Sony & Nook. (Kindle, maybe someday they'll catch up.) I wish I could offer up my library for your request but I don't think they'd go for it - but if you like I could post your query to Publib, the librarian's listserv? http://lists.webjunction.org/publib/ Although I can't locate your request in this thread anymore, so maybe you don't need it. Or I just keep skimming by it. Anyway, thanks for helping make libraries stay relevant in this increasingly digital world!
It is possible to create links that would download books directly to Bluefire Reader, or give the user the choice what app to download to. I do want to help libraries implement that if that is what they want to do.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote