View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #127
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
That's true. You won't be drawing any circles or squares in WritePad; it's solely for converting handwriting to editable text, but what it does, it does extremely well—at least the English version does. My favorite thing abut WritePad for iPad is that you don't need to use the cumbersome text box that's required by ever other handwriting app I've tried. You can write anywhere on the screen and the text is converted on the fly without having to stop every few words, select the text, and tell it to convert what you've just written before proceeding to the next words or phrase. You simply write as you would with any notepad and it converts the text as you write.

It's not perfect. It make mistakes, but it also suggests optional words and phrases on the screen while you are writing that can be chosen with a touch of the stylus (or in my case, finger—I never bother with styluses). Ignore the suggestions and the app simply chooses what it thinks you mean and continues to convert. It's really a nice app.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-01-2014 at 09:16 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote