Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #26
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
my suspicion ... and why i asked the questions about the file ... is that the size of the file does affect battery drain. i have an 8MB epub I sideloaded, and I noticed incredibly fast drain on my battery. I've had a couple other kepubs that have been missing some of the chapter anchors and so they load large chunks -- 150 pages or so -- and they seem to drain the battery a lot faster than normal sideloaded epubs.

so, in my experience the size of the file, and how much of it gets loaded at a time, seem to affect drain, which I think is what Mrs. Often is also noticing on her device.
Thanks for passing along this information. I too find it interesting and will take it into consideration when next worrying about my battery. It seems to be working well at the moment -- 3 hours reading a day for 14 days is good enough for me.
voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote