View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #349
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
What is LibriVox Plus? I don't see anything at the LibriVox site or in a Google search.
If you go to the iTunes store and put in Audiobooks Premium as a search term you will be directed to that app--it has one for the iPad and another formatted for the iPhone or IPod touch. I have both and purchases sync--in that if you buy the Plus unlimited for the iPad it works for the iPod as well. In fact, I suspect that the iPhone version might well work fine with the iPad though the screen display wouldn't be as easy to navigate.

Audiobooks Premium has the Plus feature which allow you to download these enhanced books. In fact the top in-app purchase {€4.99} is the Plus unlimited option. You can, of course also use the app to get the standard free Librivox audiobooks as well as sites which offer professional readings {for a price}.

So this is how I obtained them myself. And the Plus books really do sound very nice. The Alice book is as good as any professional reading. --and much cheaper.

Unfortunately, I don't know how one would get these books without getting the App. I don't see why the Plus books shouldn't work with any audio book software such as Overdrive. Perhaps if you send a message to the Librivox site they could help you out.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 11-16-2012 at 03:42 PM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote