View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Yolina. I've read two from Kadare. It might be the translation, but while I found the subjects interesting, the two books just ended up being so-so to me. Perhaps one more. Any suggestions on which one? I've read The Ghost Rider and Broken April. I've already read five Calvino titles, but all the other selections are certainly interesting. Thanks.

@caleb72. I've been known to read fantasy especially involving authors named Terry. That one will definitely be put on the Potential Read List.

Regarding Russia: yes, I'm sadly lacking there. I've only read two transplanted (now living in America) authors Anya Ullnich and Ayn Rand. I enjoyed Ullnich (Petropolis), but I found Rand (The Fountainhead) tiresome. Reading Tolstoy has always just been on my list and I've been contemplating The Death of Ivan Illyich. Probably Dostoevsky as well, but for some reason Russia has always left me thinking long and dull.

@Marsi: okay, I don't feel so bad with how I've treated my home country. Thanks for sharing your list.

@4691mls: thanks for the recommendation. Mystery has usually been ignored by me, but I'm going to try one Canadian one next year. Perhaps there is room for Norway as well. There's been a few Scandinavian authors that have intrigued me, but I've never went and read. Maybe I have the motivation to do that now.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote