View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
FethryDuck
Addict
FethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle3, DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by quimby View Post
Ah, well, I got it back. Found the 15-second reset information and did that. When I did that, I got this message:

"The update was not successful.

Please record the error code shown below and call Customer Service at (US numbers here). For UK customers, please call 0800 4962449

To resume using your Kindle, press the R key on your keyboard.

Update Error: 3"

So I pressed R and the Kindle started, and all looks OK.

Wondering now whether I should just revert the jailbreak hack? What did I do wrong - any ideas?
The 15 seconds - reset ? Good work. An error message during install is ..ahum..somewhat normal. I would not revert anything yet. Are you screensaver working ? Some better expert then me may answer your question. Else, I have a growing suspicion that you have had success

NOTE: what ever you find on these pages, is dangerous, can easy harm your device, accidents happen, and when trouble strikes - you are mostly on your own.

Last edited by FethryDuck; 11-14-2010 at 10:11 AM.
FethryDuck is offline   Reply With Quote