View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #37
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
You might try running a battery test. My first Fire 8.9 did very strange battery things. It routinely shut down due to low battery while showing between 20% and 40% charge. I turned wifi off and played a previously downloaded video continuously and couldn't get more than about 5 hours on a full charge. Customer service confirmed I should be getting better battery life.

I exchanged it and the new unit has no battery quirks. It can play video with wifi off for more than 8 hours. It actually drains all the way down - no low battery shut offs while showing high percentages.
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote