View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 AM   #11
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
The is no "right answer" with language, only accepted usage - and ebooks are too new to qualify, I'd say. Google shows >70m hits for ebook, and >700m hits for e-book, so I guess most people are still putting the hyphen in there. But forms tend to simplify as usage goes up, so I'd predict that ebook will become the accepted form eventually, unless we simply say "book". I say "album" and mean a CD, where I used to mean an LP, and I will eventually mean a download.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote