Thread: Cruz Reader
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I am considering building an android client for calibre. It would let you browse your library over the network using a calibre-like interface. It would be read-only (I think), to avoid all sorts of data corruption problems. If things go as I think, then this client would connect to a reader program on the android device to manage metadata (calibre collections, tags, etc).

You might ask "how is this better than the content server?" The advantage over the content server would be the dedicated interface and metadata management.

As I said, I am still thinking about this. It would be a lot of work, and I am not sure what level of use it would get. And in any event, I won't do anything until I get an Android device for development.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote