Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #36
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I agree that most of these aren't "Romance" in the normal genre sense. I don't mind that; romance characters and tropes can be off-putting to people outside the genre, and there's no shortage of good discussion of the genre itself at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books. As a long-time avid romance reader, I'm plenty happy for February's selection to be "books with strong romantic elements" rather than "books that almost everyone agrees belong on the /romance/ shelf." I would rather romance got some indirect attention than that the genre was excluded entirely because most people here don't care for it.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote