View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You're absolutely right, ath, that's probably a bit open-ended. And there are definitely tradeoffs. I'll try to zoom in a bit more to a specific likely scenario. (And I also emphasized my question in the original post, so it doesn't get lost in the verbage!)

Let's say we want to be able to do it with hardware/software combos in the $100-$600 range (not including the PC, of course) . And let's say that we don't want to spend more than 3-4 "attended" man hours on the whole operation... prepping, scanning, OCR and creating the text file for a 500 page book.

Any unattended time, say overnight unattended processing, would not count in the time requirement.

Is this possible, or still a bit out of the reach of current technology?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote