View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 03:07 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubElement View Post
Now, I've pretty much settled on three different readers.

Cybook Bookeen

Now this looks great, and I can get it locally from Dymocks, but they charge AU$599 for it, but they have their own eBook store that supports all their products, so loads of Mobipocket books locally. Ordering from the official Booken website will cost me more than getting it locally, and I am not sure if there are other places around the world that will ship to Australia.
G'day Michael,

In regard to the Cybook Bookeen...

DA Direct in Australia also sell it (same price), as well as the two iRex Iliads, the two iRex Digital Readers, and also the Hanlin V3. A fellow MobileRead member, cbell, works for them, and if you have any questions I know she'll be only too happy to help (she certainly has in the past, and I know a couple of fellow Aussies have appreciated it). From what I've seen, she's here at MobileRead as an enthusiast.

Check out the link above, as this might also add the HanLin to the list, which you then might want to compare (I'd get the Cybook myself, for a feature it has that the HanLin doesn't, but that feature might not be important to you).

None of this is intended to dissuade you from the Sony devices. I just thought it would interest you to know of another Aussie seller.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote