View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 04:49 AM   #16
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Anyway, from what I gather, the DOC/ODT export doesn't have much text that magically goes poof, but those two formats come along with their own host of problems/bloat (and I don't have much experience with those formats, since my workflow is OCR -> EPUB/HTML -> Sigil -> completed EPUB).
Of course the Word documents have their own issues (the absolute nightmare of variations of the body style for one), but those I clean up. I check all OCR issues (wrong spellings, links, missing quotes, wrong accented words, smallcaps, wrong sub-/superscript, etc) in Word with my add-in, which results in a clean ePUB with only marginal touching up required in Sigil for styling. It automates a lot and really reduces my workload. Most of the stuff I cannot do in Sigil with the same level of automation, if at all.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote