Thread: PW battery
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #14
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Extending battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That translates into 28 hours with no WiFi and light level at 10, so I guess 12 hours with WiFi and light level at 14 is about what should be expected. Still...that is a lot of recharging and that means a shorter life for the battery.
Its best to wait for charging until the Kindle signals the 15% level. I read in my NowBible manual that a Lithium battery has an average life of 500 full charges.

Charging too frequently will hit that limit faster.

However, few of us will ever get close to that 500 charge number. Amazon keeps introducing new models and all of us here go for them and then discard the old models.

I leave WiFi on all the time to keep my units in continuous sync and keep the PW light at level 22 (default) of the possible 24.

My Kindle Fire 1st Gen was shipped to me on Nov 14, 2011. My Kindle Fire HD 7" will be shipped on Oct 25, 2012, at which time the other Fire will be going to my daughter. I have had 89 full charges on that one - far short of the 500 limit.

My Kindle Kbd WiFi 3rd Gen replacement was delivered on Sep 8, 2010, and has only had 29 full charge cycles - way under the 500 limit. I'm still keeping that for my wife's use.

I did a full charge on my PW and the battery icon shows only about 10% used in 2 days. Remember, I use it only in the day on a rocking chair by the living room window. I use my Kindle Fire at my desk in my Computer Room in the evening.

I really doubt any of us on this Forum (active early adopters) will ever see an eReader discarded due to battery failure from old age.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-08-2012 at 09:22 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote