View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #33288
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
This might provide some inspiration?

http://www.cottoncarrier.com/
That really is quite the setup! Thanks for the link! I would find it very useful for jungle trekking and shooting in less developed areas where having two cameras right at hand to be a blessing, rather than going into my bag to make a switch. It looks extremely secure, and the camera/lens combos shown in the video are about the same size that I normally carry. I think I may order one and try it out... but not use it on the bike.

I'd worry about the doff & don part... Motorcycle clothing, especially the sort that I wear, with its fully armored shoulders, back, elbows, etc., make moving around a bit difficult, and getting into or out of that harness while wearing such bulky clothes might be a problem. Simpler is better, which is why I favor the Op-tec style for bike use. The single strap is a lot easier to get into. I just need to beef up the Op-tec using 1" tubular climbing webbing, and add Fas-tex buckles so I can put the darn thing on or take it off without looking like I'm doing trying to shed a cocoon!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote