View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #167
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Okay, so here's my problem with sideloaded content, and I don't quite know what's going on here.

I have a rooted (via manual nooter) 2.1 Nook Color. I can put books on my NC via Calibre and they'll show up in the library. If I download an ePub from the web, and place them in the /sdcard/my files/books folder, they DO NOT show up.

However, if I download the books through Aldiko, and then move the EPUB FILE, not the folder, it will show up in the library although with a different cover, I'm guessing I need to do an epub to epub conversion to get that, it might just be displaying the first page.

What does Calibre do that moving the file will not? And why would it show up after Aldiko downloads it and moves it. I have a feeling there is something missing from just the ePub and I can't figure it out.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote