View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 05:24 AM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
As far as reading it goes, I guess some people really, really, REALLY fall in love with characters, worlds and whatnot and simply don't want it to end. Fair enough of course, but the few fan fiction stories I've sampled have left a lot to be desired and I personally wouldn't want to "pollute" a great reading experience by continuing onto inferior material.
I think this is one of the things that I've always feared about fan-fiction, that it would somehow degrade or distort the wonderful experience of the original. I can sort of see the logic of it being a starting place for new writers, but I remain unconvinced that it is all that useful (it could be interesting to know what popular authors started their time writing fan-fiction) ... the fan-fiction communities that have grown on the Internet may come to change that I guess.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote