View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #37
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Really? Not surprising?

I am not in a single category.

"Clearly, users of the current generation of e-readers are highly educated, upscale, and Internet savvy"

A huge raspberry here. I am none of the above.

This article perpetuates the idea that the average person isnt intelligent enough to use them, nor could they afford them if they were.

Its a book reader, people, not rocket science! All thats needed is a desire to read.

Period.
Of course I remember reading, somewhere (can't find it now) that the 'average' US adult barely reads anymore. (I believe this was talking about leisure reading, not 'work' reading. Yes, we're literate, but apparently so addicted to TV/movies/games that the idea of settling down with a book is foreign to a majority of 'us'.)

A better survey would be to compare ebook readers with the average reader. (First, define 'reader'.)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote