View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #94
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
btw, is there a site that acts as a portal to indie authors? I am not sure I have run across such an animal.
I don't know of one, either... like you, I hear about a few indie authors here. All of the other sites I frequent talk about major authors, and generally thumb their noses at indies (unless you're a poet... poets always seem to be cool).

Quote:
And thanks for knowing there is a subset of readers who will not fall in for the propaganda about these devices being the end all of reading devices. A nice start but I will stick to something not tethered to a specific company.
That's why I still do my e-book reading on a PDA, in just about any format I can get my hands on. Until we go to a universal format that can be translated into the reader format of your choice, I still say that PDAs beat dedicated readers hands-down. :ducks_brickbats:

Quote:
Ya know, perhaps the indie authors should get together and have a chat with Oprah as she seems to be such a Kindle zealot...isn't she supposed to be all about equal opportunity, fair play and all that stuff?
If Oprah were really just about "fair play and equal opportunity," she would have been endorsing e-books in general, sending everyone an e-book on a usb key or something ("You get an e-book! You get an e-book! You get an e-book! Everyone gets an e-book!!"), and let them read it on the device of their choice. Really, all she's doing is cooperating with an Amazon Kindle promotion. She may occasionally talk to obscure authors... but they've all been published ones, and I wouldn't expect her to go out of her way for any indie author whose work she hadn't been convinced to read first, and fell in love with.

So, all you indie authors... send your books to Oprah! Send her a Mobi file, so she can read it on her new Kindle! Then sit back and wait for the phone call from her producers!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote