View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #98
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
If the goal is "to just read the book", then stop forcing releases that don't let us.
Well, but that's the goal of us readers. The goal of Kobo is to sell - and not only devices but books, too.

Unfortunately someone doesn't seem to realize that good prices make people buy books from Kobo, not advertising. If I can save 2.5 USD on my ebook when buying from Kobo, I will buy from Kobo. Easy.

But having a link asking me to buy "50 Shades of Grey" on every kobobooks.com (sub)page will only annoy me. Advertising on my Kobo Touch also never made me buy a single book from Kobo - and most likely never will.

Anyway I've no problem to read a book on my Touch. Works like a charm with 2.1.4, better than 1.9.17 (had a zone dead to taps) or 2.0.0 (awfully slow in general) or 2.1.1 (slow to return to the homescreen and to use shelves, but still better than 2.0.0).
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote