View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm92128 View Post
I have been using Calibre for several months and love it.

However, I seem to be stuck on Version 0.8.3 even though I have tried several times to download more recent versions, including today with version 0.8.8.

I am running Windows 7 on a PC with IE9. The IE page indicates that I have Calibre version 0.8.8 downloading properly, but it does not update to Calibre 0.8.8, even when I reboot.

Help!!!!

Jim Melton
Did you shutdow Calibre befor updating?
Did you launch the 'update (MSI file)' after downloading?
Installing from a downloaded MSI works fine on W7.

One last thing:
disable your A/V while updating (and check the A/V log. It may have +fixed+ your file IMHO set your A/V to always ASK. )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote