View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
I have been happily playing with mine for only four days now, so I can only address a few of your points.
1. Some people here have reported problems connecting to wi-fi, you might do a search for those threads, I remember some good advice. Personally, I've had access to two wi-fi routers, and it connected flawlessly (better than my laptop, actually) to both. The 3G can only be used for accessing the Sony store, it was designed that way.
2. Try Calibre? I haven't used the Reader Library much yet, but a lot of people exclusively use Calibre.
3. I haven't tried it myself, but I've read through a few threads here discussing how to export your notes from the reader to the computer. I believe you do have to use the Reader Library software for this. You can also take a screenshot of your notes, which saves as a jpg, I believe.
4. Again, this has been discussed on other threads. Someone has mentioned a "zoom lock" for pdfs. I haven't tried any pdfs yet, so no personal experience.
5. No apps. You can download public domain Google books from the Sony store (using 3G, even). I haven't tried the new Google book store, though.
6. I find this irritating, too, but I've gotten used to it. It seems shortsighted of whoever designed it. Some websites work better than others.

But really, a worthless piece of junk? Do some research on the forums here, you'll find suggestions for dealing with complaints 1-4. I bet a google search could help you with 5. So far I love mine, the only real issue I've had is that it decidedly does not like the cold weather we've been having.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote