View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
webfolk
Enthusiast
webfolk began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by webfolk View Post
In the print version, there is a design aesthetic that I'm seeing isn't suitable for an e-book. For example, the repetition of the title and part at the beginning of each chapter works nicely in our print version, but seems cumbersome in an e-book, especially in the table of contents.
This isn't true. The problem isn't with the design aesthetic, it's getting it to work out in the conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfolk View Post
Fun is what I'm in the process of ...
Frustration & confusion have eclipsed the fun. I've tried many ways to get this to work, but it's not happening.

To precisely show what I'm going after, I'm attaching a PDF file intended for reading and printing from a computer. The internal table of contents (which is deleted in the HTML file I'm using for the ebook) looks like what the Calibre generated T of C should look like. Within the text, the headings at the beginning of each chapter are all on one page, no page breaks in between as is happening in the e-book files. The top heading ("Sacred Memories") that begins each chapter wasn't designated as a heading in Word, simply assigned a style with a body text outline level.

There are illustrations at the beginning of Chapters 5, 10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 20 and 21 that should be at the top of the page followed by the headings, but in the conversion are isolated on a page.

I'm also attaching the ZIP file created from the Word source file.

Thanks for any help or light that can be shed on this!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SMem.pdf (2.83 MB, 507 views)
File Type: zip Sacred Memories - Aurial of Darluse Wood.zip (2.79 MB, 275 views)
webfolk is offline   Reply With Quote