Thread: Silliness Christmas wish list!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Be careful what you wish for, Slite. I have a popcornhour A-110. It's sitting on the shelf. Big problems. 1. It converts anamorphic widescreen to 4x3 letterbox. The response from popcornhour was "use your TV zoom to expand it." Many (most?) TV's don't have a zoom for HD format. 2. Doesn't handle all WAV files. Ones with title information don't play. No workaround. (I maintain my audio in WAV files to retain as much of the original audio information as possible. Hard drives are cheap nowadays...)

and 3. Build quality is poor. when I turned mine off, I always got a big POP in the audio receiver. Something is not grounded properly in the hardware. I would have turned it in for repair/replacement except 1 and 2 made me put it in the scrap heap.
*sigh* Well, I'm not really surprised... It did sound too good to be true But it's just that my old Xbox gen 1 isn't really equipped to handle my media anymore. It's too slow. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wish for a HTPC instead
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote