View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I am also extremely intrigued: but

if you (well I really) wanted to use it so replace my laptop, I worry the hard disk hasn't got enough space - has anybody have any direct experience with the Gigabyte slate S1082? So far I've only found what amounts to sales adverts...
It's all about the Cloud, man. Get with the program!

Seriously, I would not worry about space. A pocket full of micro thumb drives will serve you well. Kingston is about to release a 1t drive. How many USB ports does your Pro have?

I have been getting the Kingston 16g thumb drives for around $8. Imagine that? That's StarWars or Harry Potter or 1/4 of my music library. I look at my racks of DVDs and CDs (I got the racks when blockbuster folded) then the thumb drives and just smile.

And I use them just like that -- work, music, movies, taxes, etc. It's actually a really good idea to disconnect sensitive data from your computer when it is not being used. No one can read a thumb drive that's in a desk drawer.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote