View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #78
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
I'd love to add a couple of the lovely fonts discussed in this thread to my Glo, but I am confused.
I believe I make a directory on the root of my Glo called Fonts. I stick the font files in there, but I am unsure how you know what to name the font files.
For instance, the couple of posts above me talk about a font I'd like to try, Linux Libertine. The folder I downloaded (thanks for the link) has various files for the fonts. The 'regular' one is called 'Linux Libertine' - that's what it says next to "font name" when I double click the file, and in the menu bar of the window that shows the font. The italic version is also called Linux libertine, but the menu bar calls it 'Linux Libertine Italic.' Would the filename 'Linux Libertine Italic.ttf' work for my Kobo? How do I know what to rename the file if it is not this?
The font should be named the same as the system sees the font, so in the case of Linux Libertine, it's exactly that. You'll have 4 different font file, and you want to name each one in the style <Font Name>-<Font Weight>, so for Linux Libertine, you should have 4 files:

Linux Libertine.ttf (or Linux Libertine-Regular.ttf)
Linux Libertine-Italic.ttf
Linux Libertine-Bold.ttf
Linux Libertine-BoldItalic.ttf

For many fonts, the name can simply be what you'd expect it to be, but for some, the actual font name is different than what seems obvious. And you are correct, all these files go into a folder called "fonts" on your Kobo.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote