View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #21715
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” Bene-Gesserit litany against fear (Dune - Frank Herbert)
The best piece in all the dune books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
It's what I weighed when I was teaching Fencing, Kung-fu, and Cross country skiing. Early 30's, no fat, strong muscle tone. Not a body builder body... more a swimmer's body. I could see my ribs and had definition in my abs. I could run an 18k ski race, fence in compitition for 12 hours straight (fencing is an endurance sport...) with just 5-10 minutes between bouts. I was in shape. So after reaching the 90kg goal that I had set for the paragliding school, and enjoying the fact that I was getting back into condition, I just picked the weight that I was at for many years when in my prime. That's why I'm not just dieting. I'm putting on muscle again, especially on my legs, and toning up my upper body as well.

Hopefully I'll continue to exercise after I reach my goal. Unfortunately there is no fencing going on here, and Kung-fu is too painful. But I will resume Tai Chi (which I taught for many years too) when we get back to Thailand. I don't care for the Tai Chi styles I see being practiced here. And there I can do a lot of jungle trekking as well. Hiking in Japan is 'different.' (Vending machines along the trails?)

Stitchawl
Is there something you haven't tried!?
People like you, HarryT and kindlekitten plainly amaze me.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote