Thread: newbie question
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 06:37 PM   #11
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbaldwin
I'm not really clear what the preferred method is for puting Gutenberg content on the Reader.

Ken

What I've been doing is:
- Import HTML Gutenberg file into Microsoft Word.
- "Save As" an RTF file
- Put the cursor in the text body and see how many "Font Size Up" button clicks it takes to get to 15 or 16 point type (usually 4).
- "Select All" text
- Bump up the font size by four (or whatever) clicks. (This up-sizes the headings, etc proportionally)
- Set the font to Arial (I like how sans serif looks on the Reader. "Serif to taste.")
- Save the file
- Import it into the Connect software and save it to the card or Reader.

Looks very nice.

One trick I've been using to deal with the flat file system is making large single files of all of an author's works, putting a tag and pagebreak at the start of each actual book.
I then search for the tags in the Connect software and set a bookmark at each one. Just takes a few seconds to do this (two mouse clicks a book).
Then, when you open the file on the reader and select the Bookmarks item, you'll see a list of all the separate books.

Cheers,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote