View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkaoth View Post
Hi everyone,

by searching the forum, I found no fitting Thread ...

I did my first woobly steps here: How-to jailbreak FW 5.6.1 by serial (step by step)

now I have installed JB 5.4, KUAL(v2.5)+Helper, MRPI and USBNetwork 0.18 N.

But I have trouble with the USBNetwork...
everytime I want to connect with my Kindle the connection is refused...

I am using a Kubuntu USB-Stick System and my knowlege in Linux-Systems is quite limited...
so i cannot say what the problem is...

on one hand it seems to be a systemrelated problem, because all installs on the kindle are running (verified over serial)...
on the other hand as dmesg shows, the install on the pc is also working....
but I have problems to set an IP-address for usb0 and the IP-address vanishes after a while or trying to establish a connection to the kindle...

can anyone help?
The changing interface setup is on the FGA list:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237083

The other problem, is that you are trying to assign the ip address for the Kindle end of the cable to the PC end of the cable (two ends, two addresses).

P.S: Mixing settings made with ip and with the old ifconfig command is asking for trouble.
Just use ip for everything.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote