View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Running 2.2.0 on Touch, I just had it freeze on me.

Doing normal reading, as I have been for hours. Did a forward page tap. Page did not go forward, a word above where I tapped is dictionary underlined (no thumbs), the bottom dictionary menu is displayed (pencil, dictionary, mag glass, facebook on the left, x on the right. No tapping will unfreeze the screen.

Home button worked correctly, in that it bookmarked the page and went to the home screen. But the screen is still frozen.

Putting it into sleep mode with the power switch worked. Woke it up again using the power switch, screen still unresponsive.

Powered off using the power switch. Powered back on. Back to normal, the screen works again.
That is an issue I have seen many times; on many different firmware levels. I surmise that for some reason, the unit stops reading the input from the screen, and the only way to resolve it is to do what you did and power the unit off and back on.

Admittedly I have seen it a lot less of late than I used to,
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote