View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #532
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Not quite.
I'm not too shure about all the models but you can access those devices from anywhere as long as you are in their range. They have their own wifi "router". They're called direct access wifi. They require that you ask permission to join at every connection. Pretty amazing, actually.
Their main caveats are power consumption and the fact that the devices that would benefit of their use will only allow to read data and not write to them.
If, like me you have declared war on wires they are a good device to keep around.

I've also read that the Goflex Satellite is prone to lags, interruptions and crashes. Really not an option unless I'm lost away from civilization and bored to death...
I understood that devices can connect directly to them, not through a router. What I meant is, do you carry them everywhere? And even if you do, this is an expensive solution to a problem we shouldn't have in the first place.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote