View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Kilo-

That's rather my point. Transformers showed on more theatres than I have tentacles. Had no idea "Blood" existed until a friend mentioned online that it was an Oscar contender.

Look to Amazon.com/CONNECT, et al for Transformer fiction, and search on your own--or on this site--for the intellectual, fulfilling other stuff.

Many illustrious, generous members here post a great deal of content particularly formulated for optimum consumption on your particular device.

Yesterday, after the CONNECT site was being slow and buggy (like all ways), I looked at the NYTimes best seller list. There was little on the list that I have any inclination to read. Sadly, I think that will all ways be the case.

With the increasing technology and appeal of e-ink devices and the propagation of more titles, there is a greater chance for niche markets to develop. Of course, that means that while we consumers have the heady freedom to choose from a plethora or texts, there is a daunting responsibility to do some homework in selecting said purchase.

Many people note that publishing houses do serve a purpose, helping an author to mature, proofreading, and 'vetting' titles for public consumption.

Hollywood will forever have mindless blockbusters, and the NYTimes will forever have vapid bestsellers.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote