View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by maman View Post
I have been using my Boox M92 for some months now.
And from the very start I encountered an issue, that has
not brought up in other posts as far as I can see. So it might
be a problem with my particular device.

When I put in a SD-Card, it will most often (but not always!) be recognized as "read-only". For some odd reason, my M92 thinks the card is "write protected", even though I did not lock it using the switch on the side of the card.
Of course, It is then impossible to transfer files onto the SD-Card and whenever I make annotations to a file stored on the card, they won't be saved.

Sometimes, but very rarely, the card is recognized correctly with the permission to write. But as soon as I remove the card and put it in again, this changes again.

I tried three different SD-Cards:
- Patriot LX SD 32GB
- Transcend Extreme-Speed Micro SDHC 32GB Class 10 (with SD-Adapter)
- SanDisk 1GB

Another issue, that might be related to this: After some time (about 10 min) of being connected to the USB-Port of my MacBook, the M92 will suddenly loose its connection and behave as if I had pulled the cable. My MacBook then brings up a warning, that a USB-Device was not removed correctly. This happens even while files are being transferred to the device.

Those issues occurred no matter what firmware was installed. Safely removing the SD-Cards does not change anything. I really tried to find any regularity as to when the SD-Card is recognized correctly and when not, but could not find out anything.

Any suggestions? Anyone with the same / similar issues?

Matthias
Never had that - sorry...

It sounds a lot like
- a broken USB cable/port
- loose write protection switches (that move easily when inserting/removing the SDCard(s))

W.r.t. the latter, there's at least the sdc_watchdog (see Wiki) which will notify you when the SDCard is write protected...

What FW version are you using, anyway?

P.S.: Just a quick thought: Without the sdc_watchdog, /media/sd is sometimes _not_ properly umounted when you remove the card without using 'safely remove SD' beforehand... no clue what happens when you reinsert it after it has not been umounted when it was write protected... maybe worthwile to check that out...
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote