View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran
Just wonna add that this kind of books should cost no more than $3-4, since you cannot use them as people use books regularly.
Thanks for all the replies so far.

I am aware of the standard limitations mentioned in all the excellent responses above, but specifically, the question was whether I could load an SD card with one of my Kobo purchased DRM epubs onto another persons e-reader that has no connection to my accounts.

As zoran states above, if not, then we have taken a step backward in the legacy use of paper books. Sharing a book has always been encouraged. Seems a shame the capability has been digitized out.

I fully support safeguards to protect the book industry against the destruction that has befallen the music industry, but it would be nice to lend a book to a family member after I've finished reading it. There must be some digital jiggery-pokey that can be devised to restrict the digital book being read by its owner until the loaned copy is returned?

Anyway, I was thinking of purchasing an SD card to try it, but before doing so I wanted to check this forum for someone who would tell me it won't work - why waste the money. I'm surprised I haven't elicited a single confirmed no.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote