View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 12:01 AM   #12
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Sony music. The other parts of Sony are far less dumb, and have far better corperate citizen and openess records.
While I agree that Sony is like a huge octopus, and you can't necessarily blame all of Sony for one extraordinarily massive blunderbuss of an error, I don't see their record as consistently open. They're rather fond of proprietary formats, format wars (2 major ones in fact), DRM, copyright, home-grown devices (Memory Stick™ and Minidisc™ anyone?) etc. As far as I can tell, the extent of their "openness" is tolerating Linux on the PS3 and releasing a handful of niche video open source tools... in 2009.

Not that the competition is any better in this respect, of course. Heck, B&N has been in the ebook business for what 3 months, and has already introduced two new DRM'ed formats, one of which was a completely proprietary format, correct?
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote