View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #108
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionfish View Post
Sorry for not able to make it Linux compatible. First, I don't use Linux and thus can't test. Second, I have tried calling "jave.exe -jar" directly by either Runtime.getRuntime().exec() or ProcessBuilder(), the gui just keep looping.
WaitAMinute. Wait. Just. A. Minute.

Did I understand that right? You're using a GUI written in Java to call another program, also written in Java, and you're calling "jave.exe -jar" directly by either Runtime.getRuntime().exec() or ProcessBuilder()?! That strikes me as, sorry for the language, bass ackwards.

Why not just directly call the main() method of the main class from the LRFTools jar with the arguments as a string array instead? It's nice, clean, simple, and most of all, platform independent. If you don't want to wait for the program to return, use a separate thread to run the LRFTools from the GUI...
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote