View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #55
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
As Katsunami pointed out already, in the digital realm the possibilities for potential abuses and/or erroneous accusations is nearly endless.
The potential for abuse so extremely great, that if I wanted to cause huge problems for you, the only thing I'd have to do is pick up your e-reader during lunch break, get the books off of it using Portable Calibre on a USB stick, and then "lose" the USB stick in the vicinity of someone who I know uploads stuff to the internet. And being an IT guy with an IT education, I know a few of them that did (or maybe still do), at least in their college days.

Quote:
I know one thing, Brien's (correction Kat: BREIN) scheme as described, of demanding compliance from retailers to cough up their customer's personal info upon demand OR ELSE, is utterly repugnant to me personally, and in my humble opinion they shouldn't be allowed to do it.
The fact that BREIN is forcing the hand of the vendors in such a way would, at least to me, be an indication that there is a big chance that the clause is not valid under scrutiny of law. Because, if the law would permit it, they'd not have to use an "OR ELSE!" part.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote