View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 AM   #8
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
The significant difference here is that images seem to be rendered differently to paragraph background colours. With images readers seem to dither their 8 or 16 greys, which is what you would expect from image rendering with a limited palette.

However, with background-color style there seem to be different approaches. My PRS-300 dithers, hence the 'smooth'/'grainy' results, whereas other readers seem to snap to the nearest grey that is not dithered. Both methods are valid but produce different results.

I'll test more with my PRS-300 and KPW to try and find a good compromise - at least I can ensure that my grey background paragraphs don't end up white!

Thanks for all the info.

("seem" = 'educated guessing')

Last edited by Agama; 01-17-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote