View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
iPad Mini or Nexus 7

I'm looking to buy a tablet but I'm still not quite sure which one I want. I'm familiar with the iOS and have used it for three years on my iPod Touch 32GB. I have lots of my music stored on it. A lot of it does not have DRM but unfortunately, a good chunk of it is DRM music from the Apple store. I've also brought quite a few apps from the app store as well. Some are only for the iPod but some are made for both the iPad and the iPod. Basically, what I'm saying is that over the years, I've invested a lot of media into this iPod Touch. So my first choice seems to be an iPad mini. The only thing holding me back is the price. I've got about 6GB left on the iTouch. So I don't want to get a 32GB iPad mini only to fill it up quickly. This means the most sensible choice is the 64GB iPad mini which is $529.00 not including taxes.

The Nexus 7 looks like a really great device especially for the price. Plus, it's great that it gets direct updates from Google. However, my main concern is that I'll have buy a lot of the apps that I purchased through Apple all over again in the Play Store. I'm also worried that a lot of my music won't transfer over and I'll have to repurchase it as well. Also, the Nexus 7 only goes up to 32 GB.

So, have any of you had experience with switching from iOS to Android? If so, how smooth was it? Should I just bite the bullet and buy the iPad mini?

BTW, I'll primarily be using the tablet to read, listen to music, check e-mail, use the internet, play games, and use other miscellaneous apps (like religious apps). I don't really watch videos on my iTouch although I have few videos it.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote