View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #52
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
[QUOTE=ProfCrash;. ....................This move indicates that Sony stands to make more money selling a larger number of readers at a lower price................
I think they are banking on the Harry Potter tie in. ..............
There will be a good number but I doubt that number is going to be as large as some folks are thinking. It might be that people who are thinking of an e-reader and are Harry Potter fans will pick up the Sony HP e-reader but I can't see a Harry Potter fan who is normally not interested in an e-reader buying one.[/QUOTE]

_________

Considering the spec's and alleged price of the T1, I have a feeling that Sony might be regarding the Potter bit as more of an extra sales fillip/marketing move, more of a sideshow than I initially thought, anyway - but obviously being A Good Thing for them.
It looks to me that they are finally taking the ereading business, and the competition, seriously, with the Sony "name" bridging whatever gap there may be between them.
But the price may be their saviour....

But will I get one ? Well, I'm not a device collector, and can't at the moment see any huge advantage - but I'm sure my offspring will........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote