View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
These are my results so far:

Genial Writing - Got it working. Can't see any way to configure line widths, or the size of text. Gave up. Uninstalled.

Handrite - seems fair - Free version has ads. Pro version available on the Amazon Marketplace, but not the free version. Might continue to test.

FreeNote - most promising so far. There is still a lot that I don't understand about the app, and a lot of options that I haven't explored. But I had the impression I could actually take reasonable notes with it if I could just figure it out. Apparently it is shareware. I didn't see any ads.
[update] just noticed I could have saved myself the trouble and download the APK from the developer's site:
http://suishouxie.com/

PenSupremacy - did not try yet - No free version. I can't seem to get past the idea of paying before testing the program. Not to mention I would be paying to install on my droid and have no idea if the payment status would carry over to the Fire.

Note that I installed all of these using Android Market to my rooted Droid phone, and then copied the APKs over to the Fire. This is an avenue probably not open to a lot of people.

Last edited by ectoplasm; 11-23-2011 at 10:30 PM.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote